I just realised you can also do this to get the same effect of pred-transform...This is the first time I'm using cond->! I'm starting to realise its usefuleness... :)

 (let [rpred (complement pred)]
    (cond-> obj
        (pred obj)  identity ;;if true return it untouched
        (rpred obj) tf))       ;;if false do the transformation

Jim