This is really cool, thanks for taking the time to do this.  I was able to
eke out another 1.8x speedup by changing the keyword equality checks with
'identical?' [1], and there might be some further room for improvement by
defining inline forms for some of the smaller functions.

Zach

[1]
https://github.com/ztellman/fast-zip/commit/ee7a64630389f36a539771658586a093369f7939