I've never spoken to Steven in anything that wasn't a public email to this
list, so it wasn't me. I'm not sure who the self-proclaimed project
guardians are, but I just wanted to make sure no one thought I was trying
to "protect" https://github.com/jaycfields/expectations in anyway.

I don't actually think there's much value in unifying the infrastructure,
but I agree with Meikel that no one has the right to tell you what you can
and cannot work on. My *opinion* is that it's a waste of your (Steven's)
time, but it costs me nothing for you (Steven) to try. If I'm wrong then we
all benefit, which is obviously a good thing. I mean, we're all here
because Rich wanted something better, right?

That said, if all you want is the ability to run the different styles of
tests side by side, start sending pull requests to align the internals of
the 3. I can't imagine any of Brian, Micah, and I would have a problem with
you tweaking internals that might allow more people to use our software.