Unfortunately, my problem is not one where the operation is communitive. To
be concrete,
I am dealing with multiple threads plucking elements off the top of many
different queues, and
putting them into a new queue. So adding element A, then B results in line
[A, B], whereas
adding element B, then A results in line [B, A], which aren't equal.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding my problem, perhaps it is communitive. I just
don't see it though.