On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:35:40 PM UTC-6, Korny wrote:

> So, the background - there is a page about fuller xml support at
> http://dev.clojure.org/display/DXML/Fuller+XML+support -
>
> Currently none of the xml parsing options support this - the best I've
> found is https://github.com/grammati/eksemel but it hasn't been touched
> in 2 years, and the last commit mentioned "embarrassingly slow" :)

I am the author of eksemel, and you're right that I no longer work on it (I
no longer use XML much, if at all).

I don't recall exactly how slow it was - I think my performance
measurements were pretty superficial. Probably the biggest problem with it
at the moment is that it eagerly instantiates whole documents in memory,
rather than lazily like data.xml, so is unusable for very large documents.

I do have a CA on file, so if you feel inclined to extract any of the code
into a patch for data.xml, you are certainly welcome to do so. Having put
in the work, I would love to see this code get into a state where it could
actually be useful to someone. Unfortunately, I don't anticipate having
much time to do so myself in the near future.

- Chris Perkins