Hi All,

I’m (very) new to clojure (and loving it)… and I’m trying to wrap my head
around how to correctly choose doseq vs dorun for my particular use case.
I’ve read this earlier post
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/clojure/8ebJsllH8UY/mXtixH3CRRsJ and
I had a clarifying question.

>From what I gathered in the above post, it’s more efficient to use doseq
instead of dorun since map creates another seq. However, if the fn you want
to apply on the seq can be parallelized, doseq wouldn’t give you the
ability to parallelize. With dorun you can use pmap instead of map and get
parallelization.

(doseq [i some-lazy-seq] side-effect-fn)
(dorun (pmap side-effect-fn some-lazy-seq))

What is the idiomatic way of parallelizing a computation on a lazy seq?

Thanks,
Pradeep