Jose:

On re-reading your original post, I noticed one statement you made that may
be of interest: "The resulting vector for each particle is then added
(conj) to a global vector for latter storage."

Do you mean that there is a single global vector that is conj'd onto by all
N threads?  Is this vector in a ref or atom, perhaps, and you use swap! or
something similar to update it from all threads?

If so, and if you do that frequently from each thread, then that part of
your code is definitely not embarrassingly parallel, even if the rest of it
is.

Andy