Hi. I'm part of the Caribou team, which started as an in-house tool (and
continues to serve that purpose).

A few advantages of clojure in the webapp space, off the top of my head:

Clojure provides execution efficiency that Ruby or Python cannot match.
This translates to lowered hosting costs.

The lein tool provides very clean and isolated dependency management, that
makes setting up dev environments and deployment very straightforward.

Targeting the JVM means that each deploy can be a single jar or war file
that you upload to the server.

The ring middleware system is a very clean way of including functionality
in an app.

Working with immutable data structures and threadsafe bindings as a
pervasive default does a lot for stability, and rules out many of the round
about ways one of heisenbugs end up in the system.