Buffy [1] is a Clojure library to work with Binary Data, write complete
binary protocol implementations
in clojure, store your complex data structures in an off-heap chache, read
binary files and do
everything you would usually do `ByteBuffer`.

Main features & motivation to write it

  * partial deserialization (read and deserialise parts of a byte buffer)
  * named access (access parts of your buffer by names)
  * composing/decomposing from key/value pairs
  * pretty hexdump
  * many useful default types that you can combine and extend easily

Data types include:

  * primitives, such as `int32`, `boolean`, `byte`, `short`, `medium`,
`float`, `long`
  * arbitrary-length `string`
  * byte arrays
  * composite types (combine any of primitives together)
  * repeated type (repeat any primitive arbitrary amount of times in
payload)
  * enum type (for mapping between human-readable and binary representation
of constants)

Buffy has been serving us well for recent time, and no major issues were
revealed. However, until
it reaches GA, we can't guarantee 100% backward compatibility, although
we're thought it through
very well and used our best knowledge to make it right.

Buffy is a ClojureWerkz project, same as Monger, Elastisch, Cassaforte,
Neocons, Meltdown and
many others.

[1] https://github.com/clojurewerkz/buffy
[2] http://clojurewerkz.org