On 4 Dec 2013, at 09:06, James Reeves <ja...@booleanknot.com> wrote:

> It sounds like part of the issue is with ring.middleware.format overloading
> the :params key, but it also seems like you might have an unusual set of
> requirements.

Actually, my larger problem was with compojure doing it. I wanted a distinction
between data coming from the route and data coming from the form data, since
after vaidation, that gets shoved straight into the database.

> The custom middleware you describe sounds like one or two lines of code. Did
> you find it took particularly long to write?

Ring is really wonderfully simple. the two combined take up only a handful of
lines. Unfortunately, the tests take up rather a lot of lines (~140) and since
they helped squeeze out the bugs, it would be a poor argument to say “don’t
write them”.

See the source here https://gist.github.com/jjl/7785497

> Others have mentioned Liberator, which I'd highly recommend using for RESTful
> web services. It gets rid of a lot of the boilerplate required, at least the
> parts that deal with HTTP.

I think I’m going to have to look into it more fully.

James