On Monday, December 23, 2013 5:39:54 PM UTC-6, Rich Morin wrote:

> My take is that required types may force premature optimization and may
> inhibit the creative process.

That's an interesting point.  I like it.  Kind of off topic, but my earlier
remark about psychological factors that might contribute to static type
zealotry made me think about one static type fan (zealot, maybe) I knew
who, I think, at one time endeavored to avoid thought processes that
couldn't be made rigorous.  I keep thinking I should have said that I think
creativity often requires a intermediate stage of messiness.  Then you have
to clean it up to get something interesting, in many cases, but you
wouldn't have gotten to some place new and interesting if you only went via
purely rational, rigorous steps.

Maybe this is the argument that zcaudate should use: Static typing is the
death of creativity.

Just kidding.