> It looks good, though can you explain the rationale for having a separate
> library? It seems from my perspective as if the objective of exposing all
> the good Joda functionality for Clojure consumption would be more readily
> achieved by extending the existing clj-time library.

I chose to write it as a separate library because the approach to wrapping
JodaTime API is quite different from clj-time. Clj-time is opinionated in
the sense that it puts DateTimes in the UTC time zone at the center of the
API. Clojure.joda-time on the other hand doesn't force time zones in
date-times and provides a rich support for partials
(LocalDate/LocalDateTime) which should be used when time zones are
irrelevant.

I agree that having one JodaTime wrapper would be quite enough, but
clojure.joda-time grew out of my frustration with a couple of bugs I got
while using clj-time (yes, I didn't expect date-times in the UTC time zone
by default, and yes, I know that I should be blamed for not reading the
documentation :)).

In any case, having released the thing, I would be interested in unifying
the APIs with clj-time and merging into a single project.

I think your usage of simple check is interesting.  What bugs did
> simple-check find inside Joda and can you speak about that process in
> general?

Simple-check found a bunch of bugs with Partials, mainly concerning the
rarely used DateTimeFieldTypes such as era, yearOfCentury, weekyear, etc. Also
a couple of edge cases with DateTime properties.

Interestingly, the bugs were found not in the properties themselves, as
properties checked the code I wrote which is quite simple, but in the
generators. And let me say, debugging generators is a PITA.

The process of writing properties is quite simple, just think of a property
and write it in code :) The harder part is defining generators for the data
fed into the properties. Now that I think of it, it would probably be
useful to clean up the generators and publish them separately to enable
people writing more simple-check specifications when interacting with
JodaTime...