Hi Larry,

> 4.) load whatever file holds the (main-) function that starts the app. So for
> me, for instance, it might be: (load-file "src/admin/core.clj")

I don't think the `load-file` should be necessary. Do things not work if you
omit it?

The code on disk when you jacked in will already have been loaded, so you
should only need to re-evaluate it (whether through cider/nrepl.el,
`load-file`, or what have you) if you've made subsequent changes. I tend to use
`cider-eval-defun-at-point`, `cider-eval-last-sexp`, or `cider-eval-region` to
evaluate just the code I've changed rather than reloading the whole file.
(Actually, lately I've been using the `tools.namespace`[1] approach a lot, but
that's probably a separate topic).

(Cider[2], by the way, is just nrepl.el's new name).

> But when I want to work on this app at the REPL, the app seems unable to find
> the schema.edn file. You can see my REPL session below. The function
> (initiate-forms) has this line: (read-string (slurp (clojure.java.io/resource
> "config/schema.edn")))

I'm not positive, but I don't think the issue is that it can't find
"config/schema.edn". What's the result of (clojure.java.io/resource
"config/schema.edn")?

If it can't find the file, `clojure.java.io/resource` returns nil; and (slurp
nil) throws an IllegalArgumentException, which doesn't seem to be the error
you're getting.

[1] https://github.com/clojure/tools.namespace
[2] https://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider

- John