Disclaimer: I think what Friend is trying to do is super important and
cemerick rocks.

However, I found Friend to be really difficult to grok the first time I
took a stab at it many months ago, perhaps I'm more capable of getting into
it now. My concern was that it is so broadly encompassing and there are too
few examples of how to use it in scenarios similar to the ones I face every
day. For example, I ended up rolling my own cookie-based role auth
middleware (relying on Ring's cookie store) in about 15 lines of clj,
significantly simpler for a basic scenario.

By the way, it would be really neat if someone added a Friend chapter to
the upcoming Clojure Cookbook. I created an issue for it over 6 months ago
and nobody's taken it up so far, so I can't tell if most of the community
has given up on the library or if it's just too much of a hassle to explain
to others.

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM, Stefan Kamphausen <ska2...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Monday, January 13, 2014 3:53:43 AM UTC+1, Sam Ritchie wrote:
>>
>> cemerick's Friend library is the way to do this:
>>
>> https://github.com/cemerick/friend
>>
>> I'm writing up a post on how to combine Friend with Liberator, for easy
>> ACL management for RESTful APIs. Take a look and let us know what you think!
>>

> Can't wait to read that post. :)
>
> stefan

Alexandr Kurilin
206.687.8740 | @alex_kurilin <https://twitter.com/alex_kurilin> |