[meta, but about something apparently triggered by the message, from this
thread, that I'm quoting]

Why did reading this post cause gmail to go bonkers? I saw this thread had
new articles since earlier today, brought it up, and read the previous
message, then just after I'd scrolled down to this one, leaned back, and
started reading it the browser just suddenly began spinning on its own and
navigated by itself. Apparently about 10 seconds after I sat back
*something* input a click on the little down-triangle in the upper right
corner of the page and then clicked "sign out" because it went to the gmail
login page. And a second or so before that the chat thingy at the left
crashed as a popup there distracted me by appearing suddenly and saying
something like "Oops, problem connecting to chat".

I don't like having my stuff suddenly go spinning out of control like that.
I wasn't touching the keyboard or the mouse at the time. The browser should
not have done anything but sit there patiently displaying this page until
*I* *CHOSE* to navigate away from it. If there is something in your message
that hijacks the browsers of people reading it, then I would like you to
know that I consider such a thing to be extremely poor etiquette and in
extremely poor taste. Do not do it again. If it was not that particular
message then I'd like to know what *did* reach into *MY* computer and start
issuing instructions on *MY* behalf *without* *MY* permission, and how to
stop that from ever happening again. This is *MY* copy of Firefox and it
goes where *I* say it does, when *I* say it does it, and not a moment
sooner. Is that absofrickinglutely clear? That is non-negotiable. Anyone
who willfully violates this edict *will* be added to my spam filter and I
will not see any future post by that author. Is *that* clear?