I am grateful to you for testing. Your feedback sent me down a different
road which lead me to the answer. I decided the repl was for some reason
not working, so I thought I would run "lein uberjar" and see how the app
ran, but when I ran "lein uberjar" I saw that I had an error that kept the
app from compiling. When I fixed that I restarted the repl, and then things
worked correctly at the repl.

My setup is nearly identical to yours.