Hi,

i'm investigating if clojure can be used to solve the challenges and
problems we have at my day job better than ruby or powershell. A very
common use case is validating data from different  systems against some
criteria. i believe clojure can be our silver bullet, but before that, it
seems to be required to wrap my head around it.

So I am starting in the first level with the challenge to validate some
data from the user database against our active directory.

I already have all the parts to make it work: Which is to make a hash by
user_id from the database table, export a textfile from AD, each line
representing a user, parse it, merge the information from the
user_table_hash, and voila.

I did not finish to implement this. So I don't know if this naive approach
will work with 400.000 records in the user database and 100.000 in the
textfile.
But I already think about how I could implement this in a more memory
efficient way.

So my simple question:

I have user_textfile (100.000 records) which can be parsed into a unordered
list of user-maps.
I have user_table in the database(400.000 record) which I can query with
order and gives me an ordered list of user-maps.

So I would first order the user_textfile and then conj the user_table
ordered list into it, while doing the database query.
Is that approach right ? How would I then merge the two ordered lists like
in the example below?

(defn user_textfile
  ([:id1 {:name 'Frank'}]
   [:id3 {:name 'Tim'}]))

(defn user_database
  ([:id1 {:age 38}]
   [:id2 {:age 27}]
   [:id3 {:age 18}]
   [:id4 {:age 60}]))

(merge-sorted-lists user_database user_textfile)
=>
  ([:id1 {:name 'Frank' :age 38}]
   [:id3 {:name 'Tim'   :age 18}]))

Any feedback is appreciated.