Chiming in a bit late, but here was my path:

* Read "Land of Lisp" by Conrad Barski. This was my first real contact with
lisp and functional programming. I found it challenging, but the book is
well-written and the technique of teaching through writing games was
perfect for me. It uses common lisp which is almost baroque compared to
Clojure, but it was helpful later in getting a better sense of Clojure's
roots. Also, most of the classic lisp books out there use common lisp
* Tried to write my own web-based game using common lisp. This was true fun
and I learned a ton
* Read "On Lisp" by Paul Graham. It is an excellent book
* Was introduced to Clojure through a talk given by Alan Dipert at my
workplace
* Learned Clojure by skipping around Clojure in Action, Programming
Clojure, and Clojure Programming. Settled on Clojure Programming.
* projecteuler.net has been a good help
* I've been teaching Clojure to folks at work, which forces me to deeply
understand the material
* At the same time, I've kept building little web apps to solidify my
knowledge. One of them, http://gratefulplace.com, is actually used :)

I feel like I know enough to get stuff done, but there's still so much more
to learn. Most recently I've been brushing up on math/logic so that I can
better understand the more mathy texts whenever I encounter them.