For storing timing results of expressions, I make use of an agent to store
them in, and a modified time macro.

(def timings (agent []))

(defmacro send-timing
  "Evaluates expr and prints the time it took.  Returns the value of
 expr."
  {:added "1.0"}
  [agnt expr]
  `(let [start# (System/currentTimeMillis)
         ret# ~expr
         end# (System/currentTimeMillis)]
     (send ~agnt conj {:expression '~expr
                       :start start#
                       :end end#
                       :duration (- end# start#)})
     ret#))

(send-timing timings (Thread/sleep 3000))

@timings
=> [{:expression (Thread/sleep 3000), :duration 3000, :start 1397313034715,
:end 1397313037715}]