A handful of developers at the organisation I work at, want to encourage
interest in Clojure with the aim of using it in production amongst the
organisation's wider developer community (hundreds of developers). We
ourselves are Clojure hobbyists.

We wanted to do this through a basic project (with few moving parts), so I
wanted to get feedback on a couple of aspects:
1. Examples of basic project ideas that would be compelling to fellow
developers not familiar with Clojure (e.g. something useful that you can do
easily with Clojure that's harder to do in more established languages such
as Java)
2. Particular libraries that again had a wow factor towards an objective
not easily achievable in more established languages (perhaps related to
data analysis, visualisation, or taking advantage of the benefit of lazy
evaluation in a novel way as examples).

I realise these questions are somewhat open-ended, but just wanted to spark
off some ideas for us through bouncing these questions off the google
group's members.

Thanks for any leads!