Clojure is designed to make your data accessible generically without
getters/setters or other custom APIs so I would encourage direct access via
keywords over accessor fns.

One consequence of this is that fns using a data structure have a direct
coupling to the structure of the data. I prefer to see this as (usually) a
feature. Accessor functions allow you to create a point of indirection and
I have used that occasionally in very narrow circumstances where I did not
want to commit to a data structure. However, I think this is the exception
rather than the rule. defrecord (or add-ons like Prismatic's schema
library) can formalize the contents of your entities and provide
documentation and validation where and how you need it.