On May 14, 2014, at 10:44 AM, Reid Draper <reiddra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>     * Limit the number of retries for gen/such-that. A two-arity version is
>       provided if you need to retry more than 10 times. This should be a
>       code-smell, though.

I think the limit is a good idea, but it's an extra wrinkle and maybe too tight.

I had a such-that that failed due to the new limit.  Unfortunately, the error
message didn't help much in tracking it down.  I ended up changing all my
such-that calls to use a unique number of retries so I could figure which one
was failing.

I suppose my situation is unusual in that I generate generators and tests from
schemas and data.  The stack traces aren't very pretty when there are errors.

It might help if you added the 'pred' and 'tries' to the ex-info data in
such-that-helper.  Might as well put something in the ex-info data.

By the way, it turns out 25 was a sufficient number of retries for my test.
Works fine now.

Steve Miner