> "(1 2 3)"
>
> Cheers,
> Michał
>

> On 15 May 2014 16:29, Phillip Lord <phillip.l...@newcastle.ac.uk> wrote:
>>

>> I am trying to dump a representation of the contents of a list to file.
>> I've recently changed how I generated this list and it's now lazy (not really
>> by design more by side-effect, if you will excuse the poor choice of words).
>>
>> I was using
>>
>> (spit "file" (str lst "\n"))
>>
>> which worked quite nicely, but now it is failing. The problem is that I get a
>> file full of "clojure.lang.LazySeq@" lines. The problem comes from LazySeq
>> directly, as this demonstration with "range" shows.
>>
>> user> (str (list 1 2 3 4 5 ))
>> "(1 2 3 4 5)"
>> user> (str (range 4))
>> "clojure.lang.LazySeq@e1b83"
>> user> (println (range 4))
>> (0 1 2 3)
>> nil
>>

>> println is using prn and a multimethod to print out. In fact,
>> clojure.lang.LazySeq doesn't implement toString, nor does it's super class.
>>
>> The best solution that I have come up with so far is to do
>>
>> (str (apply list (range 4)))
>>
>> I guess I can see why LazySeq doesn't implement toString by printing
>> everything out, but is there a better way around my problem?
>>
>> Phil
>>
>> --
>> ---
>> "Clojure" group.

Phillip Lord,                           Phone: +44 (0) 191 222 7827
Lecturer in Bioinformatics,             Email: phillip.l...@newcastle.ac.uk
School of Computing Science,
http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/phillip.lord
Room 914 Claremont Tower,               skype: russet_apples
Newcastle University,                   twitter: phillord
NE1 7RU