On 27 May 2014 01:02, Michael Cramm <gmcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good question. I had originally wanted a separate, untracked config file but
> couldn't decide on a format. (like separating out protocol, host, port, etc)
> Exporting the environment variable felt the most non-committal at the time.

Don't underestimate the value of using environment variables for
configuration: they are simple and effective, and allow for a lot of
flexibility in testing and deployment.

> It wouldn't be too much work to have a file living in
> `resources/monarch/...`, and add another optional param to `project.clj` to
> tell monarch where to look. I'll see about adding this to the next version.

Do configuration files really belong in resources? They will then be
shipped with the compiled jar. From a DevOps point of view, we like to
separate code from config, and certainly don't want to compile a new
jar just to deploy with a different database configuration.

Ray.