Looking at this code without further knowledge of the strategy function, my
first guess is simply that your strategy function may not be returning a
result which satisfies the valid-move? and legal-move? predicates thus
throwing you into an infinite loop. Possibly the printf is being suppressed
within the swap! operation, but some testing would be required to see if
this is the case generally. The other obvious potential for a hiccup would
be if all-directions is somehow growing with each iteration of make-move,
thus preventing idx from ever exceeding its length. Not knowing what is
going on inside all these functions makes this a rather tricky bit of guess
work at best. Anyway, I'd try running get-move from the repl to see how
likely it is to get stuck in an infinite loop.

  Good luck,
    ~Gary