Hi all,

I’m pleased to announce the release of version 0.6.0 of Parkour.  Parkour
is a Clojure Hadoop integration library, focused on support for writing
Hadoop MapReduce applications in plain Clojure.  Code, documentation, and
artifact dependency information is available on Github:

https://github.com/damballa/parkour

This release includes some minor breaking changes and a major new feature:
dvals, a value-oriented interface to passing data to jobs through the
Hadoop distributed cache.  A complete list of user-visible changes is
available in the project changelog:

https://github.com/damballa/parkour/blob/master/NEWS.md

Parkour provides:

- I/O integration (clojure.java.io functions acting on HDFS files).
- A map-like API for Hadoop configurations.
- MapReduce integration (plain Clojure functions as MapReduce tasks).
- MapReduce job construction and execution.
- Unified local/remote access to Hadoop datasets as reducible collections.
- And much more!

See the (significantly updated) documentation for details, or feel free to
e-mail me or the Parkour mailing list (park...@librelist.com) with any
questions.

Thanks!

-Marshall