I really cant see how the testers could NOT be able to use a repl to do
some exploratory testing.

Clojure's strength is really that you can align the code very closely to
the domain, although this modelling is (as always) challenging.

And the application logic does not have to be tested through and http-based
interface, sometimes it's a good start to test it through the Repl.

If this is hard to use, then everything will be hard with the application.

/Linus