Maybe the most confusing thing is which construct to use when.

I've found the following posts to be pretty helpful in sorting out the
different tradeoffs:

https://github.com/Prismatic/eng-practices/blob/master/clojure/20130926-data-representation.md

http://cemerick.com/2011/07/05/flowchart-for-choosing-the-right-clojure-type-definition-form/