On 12 November 2014 at 21:50:57, Evan Zamir (zamir.e...@gmail.com) wrote:
> I just read that MS is open sourcing .NET. I assume this means
> one could now target .NET with ClojureCLR on Linux/Mac environment.
> Assuming that is true, the natural question seems to be which
> VM should a Clojure developer be targeting? Is performance going
> to be similar on both? In that case, then existing libraries &
> dependencies would be the deciding factor? Thanks for opinions.

Mono has been around for a while and as far as ClojureCLR goes,
shouldn't have any [obvious] limitations. In fact, when I have to
touch .NET these days, I do all the work on Mono and then simply
verify things against .NET on Windows. Usually works like a charm.

Mono performance has been excellent for what I do and .NET/Mono startup
time is so much better than the JVM one that often now choose F#
for scripting.

Again, I haven't tried ClojureCLR but running .NET languages on
OS X and Linux has been perfectly possible for years.
--
@michaelklishin, github.com/michaelklishin