In working with vertigo I've found the need to parameterize the struct
field I wish to examine.  Unfortunately vertigo doesn't seem to like vars
in its macros.  For example:

- - - -
;; vs is 'vertigo.structs and vc is 'vertigo.core

(vs/def-typed-struct mystruct :ints (vs/array vs/uint32 10))
(def ^:mystruct vert (vc/marshal-seq mystruct [{:ints (range 10)}]))

(vc/get-in vert [0 :ints 1])
1  ;; works, returns 1

(let [^clojure.lang.Keyword x :ints] (vc/get-in vert [0 x 1]))
CompilerException java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 'x' is assumed to be
numeric, which isn't accepted by mystruct,
compiling:(form-init1370835477311955482.clj:1:38)

- - - -
I originally ran into this when using vc/over within vc/doreduce.  I'm
using vertigo 0.1.3.

Thanks!
Ryan