I'm happy to announce a project called Dunaj [1], which provides an
alternative core API for Clojure. Its main aim is to experimentally test
major additions to the language.

Dunaj /ˈdunaɪ/ is a set of core language experiments aimed to improve
Clojure language and its core API. It deals with language features that
require changes across different parts of Clojure and which cannot be
evaluated in isolation. Dunaj aims to bring Clojure even more towards
simplicity, consistency and performance.
It is intended to be used by regular Clojure developers, either for
application or library development.

Dunaj was created to test 10 experiments that bring significant changes to
the Clojure language. As there is a substantial number of additions and
changes, I want to try a bit unconventional approach here. Before I'll
release the actual library, I will introduce Dunaj's experiments in a
series of individual posts. Every part states the motivation behind the
experiment, introduces changes and additions to the language and
demonstrates its intended use. If you do not want to miss any of this, you
may want to register for a mailing list at [1] or follow @dunajproject at
Twitter.

-- Jozef Wagner

[1] http://www.dunaj.org/