There are no issues I'm aware of with running Clojure on JDK 8. I use it
frequently and I know many people are running it in production with Clojure.

I know of one potential issue with JDK 9 - use of sun.* packages for ctrl-c
signal handling in the REPL, which will no longer be available
(http://tech.puredanger.com/2014/09/26/sun-misc-signal-alternatives/). I
asked questions about this to various people at Oracle a while back but I
have lost track of whether there is a replacement strategy for it.

Given that Java 7 is now End of Life and Java 6 has been EOL for years, I
expect that we will drop JDK 6 support in a future Clojure release (no
change planned for Clojure 1.7 though).