Hi all,

Just thought you might be interested to know that last week we (SwiftKey)
released an Android app, written from the ground up in Clojure, which as of
this morning has had 65k downloads. It's a keyboard we're using to test UI
ideas which didn't fit well with the existing app. We also took the
opportunity to try out a totally different tech stack, central to which are
Clojure and core.async.

There's a tech blog on the subject at my personal blog
<http://adamclements.github.io/articles/clarity-keyboard-uses-clojure/> which
is reposted on SwiftKey's tech blog
<http://swiftkey.com/en/blog/what-makes-clarity-keyboard-tick-clojure/> and
you can download the app and try it out from Google Play
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swiftkey.clarity.keyboard&referrer=utm_source%3Dclojurelist%26utm_medium%3Dmailinglist>

Many thanks go to everyone who's worked on clojure and clojure-android for
making this possible, it's been a dream to develop! I hope this goes to
show that it's perfectly reasonable and possible to develop significant,
responsive mobile applications in pure Clojure.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts and comments, and if you're
interested we are currently hiring here at SwiftKey, both for this project
and in general.

Thanks,
Adam Clements