I'm using neocons to put some data into a Neo4j database. I need to create
relationships between nodes I've just created and nodes in the DB. I can't
retrieve the nodes based on id without caching them locally, and they're
not unique enough to retrieve using e.g. rest.nodes/find, so I need to use
Cypher to get at them. I'm wondering if there's a better way to do this
than what I currently am working with, namely

(nn/get conn (->  (cy/tquery conn "START person=node({sid}) MATCH
person-[:foo]->o RETURN o" {:sid 1}) first (get-in ["o" :metadata :id]))))

(this is just a toy example, so if the Cypher query is too simple, forgive
me).

This seems...too complicated? Am I missing something? Is there a more
idiomatic way to convert cypher results into neocons records?