There are many things that need to be understood in a call like this.

First of all, that method receives an array as its argument:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/Arrays.html#asList(T...)

>From your first example I think you are trying to translate to clojure the
following java call:

java.util.Arrays.asList(1, 2, 3);

In java this is a varargs call, which means java will change the call to
one using an array as the parameter
(http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/language/varargs.html).

So, in order to make that call we need to wrap those arguments in an array.
The easiest way to do this would be to wrap the arguments in a vector an
turn that into an array:

user> (java.util.Arrays/asList (into-array [1 2 3]))
[1 2 3]

If you don't already have a sequence (the vector in the previous example)
then you can use a function to do the work:

user> (defn as-list [& args] (java.util.Arrays/asList (into-array args)))
 #'user/as-list
user> (as-list 1 2 3)
[1 2 3]
user> (type (as-list 1 2 3))