https://github.com/clojure/data.int-map

The 0.1.0 release of this library was a faithful Clojure implementation of
Okasaki's "Fast Mergeable Integer Maps" paper [1].  While it was much
faster than Clojure's sorted-maps, it was in some cases slower than
hash-maps, which was mostly due to the int-maps being a binary tree, and
hash-maps being a 32-ary tree.  It also could only take non-negative
integers, which was a limitation of the approach used in the paper.  In the
0.2.0 release, I reimplemented the core data structure in Java, but more
importantly adapted the data structure to use 16-ary trees under the
covers.  This has greatly improved performance (by a factor of 2-5x,
depending on the benchmark), and has also allowed the map to have negative
integers for keys.

I recommend anyone using an earlier version of this library upgrade to the
latest, which will be a drop-in replacement.

Zach

[1] http://ittc.ku.edu/~andygill/papers/IntMap98.pdf