In what way is it broken? Both before and after wrapped a mutable iterator into
a caching seq. The new one is different in that it chunks so reads 32 at a time
instead of 1. However combining either with other chunking sequence operations
would have the same effect which is to say that using that mutable iterator
with anything else, or having expectations about its rate of consumption was as
dubious before as it is now.

Unless of course I misunderstand your intent, which possible because I am on a
phone without easy access to look further at the commit and am going by memory.