Possibly you are also including the dependencies in the non-profile part of
the project.clj? You shouldn't: the :provided profile is normally included,
but excluded when running the uberjar task.

More concrete example:

(defproject myproj "0.1.0"
  :dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.6.0"]] ;; notice standford-corenlp
is *not* mentioned!!
  :uberjar {:aot :all}
  :profiles {:provided {:dependencies
                        [[edu.stanford.nlp/stanford-corenlp "3.4.1"]
                         [edu.stanford.nlp/stanford-corenlp "3.4.1"
                          :classifier "models"]]}})