I'll also add that if you're interested in the Storm model (distributed
stream processing), you may want to check out Onyx
(https://github.com/onyx-platform/onyx). It's newer, but I have a feeling
that moving forward we're going to see it take a dominant position as far
as that flavor of distributed computing goes. The reasons for this
(briefly):

* Data all the topologies: Because computational topologies are data
structures, it's far simpler to have more dynamic computational workflows
than with storms opaque macros.
* It's more Clojure centric: Parts of Storm are Clojure, but the Clojure
API seems almost an afterthought, reading the documentation. (However,
support is on the way for other JVM languages).
* Pace of development: Storm is now an Apache Incubator project, and
development is slower than molasses. I was working on a project for over a
year and many times encountered issues with stale dependencies that didn't
play nicely with newer things.
* Designed with batch processing in mind: Even though both are designed
around streaming first, Onyx has a little more explicit support for batched
computations.

For a while, the biggest advantage of Storm was that it was a lot faster,
but the gap there has closed considerably recently (perhaps entirely?).
Storm is still more battle tested, but there are folks starting to use it
in production.

The biggest reason I see Onyx taking sway over Storm is the data centric
approach. I see this resonating with the community's "data all the things"
philosophy as a way of maximizing composability and productivity.
Anecdotally, folks using Onyx are already saying this about it.

My 2 c

Chris