True that. While I'd prefer a more common indentation style to be adopted,
I'd definitely settle just for Rich's style being applied consistently
everywhere.
Trying to account for indentation inconsistencies when working on a patch
is not fun at all. So yeah - the real problems about the formatting are:

* inconsistent indentation
* mixing tabs & spaces
* trailing whitespace (although I guess it's ok to kill it in our patches)

The style itself is up to the project's author and of no big importance by
itself.