On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 7:27 AM, benedek fazekas <benedek.faze...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi Gregg,
>
> I am not aware of any extensive documentation apart from the qiuckref and
> the readmes. However can point you to two projects using tools.analyzer
> extensively:
> https://github.com/jonase/eastwood
> and
> https://github.com/clojure-emacs/refactor-nrepl

Thanks.  I took a look and quickly realized it would be wiser to follow the
author's advice and fire up a repl and start experimenting with the AST.
And I've already made substantial progress!  Clojure is so wonderful.
Maybe a tutorial will come of it; something like swannodette's
excellent ClojureScript
Analysis and Compilation
<http://swannodette.github.io/2014/01/14/clojurescript-analysis--compilation/>
would
be nice.

> this maybe a bit of help. re. AST and eval: as far as I know
> tools.analyzer also evals the code it builds AST for, although this might
> depend on which entry point you use on its API.

I did find this on the analyzer.jvm README:  "the analysis of a clojure
form might require the evaluation of a previous one to make sense."
 Apparently the world of Clojure analysis is not quite the same as the
world of classic parsing etc. (e.g. the Dragon Book
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Book>.)

Thanks,

Greggg