I created this ticket: http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-1832

I don't know what will become of it, e.g. perhaps a change in behavior to
the unchecked functions, perhaps a clarification to the documentation,
perhaps nothing.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Clojure core team judged
the existing documentation strings to be explicit enough because they use
little-L 'long', and it doesn't promise any behavior of any kind for
arguments that are not 'long'.

Feel free to add comments or edit the description if I've left anything
out, vote on it, etc.

Andy