*tl;dr*

  code: http://kekkonen.io
 demo: https://kekkonen.herokuapp.com
   start: lein new kekkonen kakkonen

*Kekkonen is alive!*

We just released first non-snapshot version of Kekkonen, a data-driven
remote (CQRS) api library for Clojure. On the server side, apis as modelled
as plain clojure functions & data while the library takes care of things
like mapping to remote/http terms, content-negotiation, input & output
validation and api-docs (both swagger & the dispatcher). On the client
side, one can interact with the api dispatcher to do things like:

   - browse the apis securely: only admins see the admin api docs
   - extract the handler meta-data for local reasoning (schemas, rules,
   etc.)
   - dry-run things: side-effect-free handler rule & input validation (on
   the server)
   - context-aware api asks: "what could I do in the given api ns with
   these facts?"

The last one has been a great feature for building task-based uis.

We are also toying with things like:

   - support for speculative transactions (poke!)
   - client-side call composition, with transactional writes

Most of the ideas have been gathered from our projects from the last 3
years, but Kekkonen is still a total rewrite of all the ideas and because
of that - in alpha, incomplete and subject to change. Goal is to push out a
stable release later this year.

We are really exited and would really love to get your feedback on the
ideas and on the lib. Either here, via email (kekko...@metosin.fi), IRC or
Slack (#kekkonen or #ring-swagger).

Happy remoting.

on behalf of the Metosin-team,