In a project using clojure.java.jmx, I was extending it's Destract protocol
object->data function  to transform more of the JMX data structures
returned from calls or metadata queries into plain clojure data structures.
When I was done with the individual data structures, it should have been
possible to do a (walk/prewalk jmx/objects->data (jmx/operations
"java.lang:type=Threading")).

However, in the Destract protocol there's an implementation of the
objects->data function for the type clojure.lang.Associative that would
mean maps would be processed incorrectly. I could add an implementation for
clojure.lang.IPersistentMap in my namespace, but since
clojure.lang.Associative is also an interface for maps this would not work,
and I ended up having to fork clojure.java.jmx because of it. If there
would be  a way to retract a protocol for a type within another namespace I
wouldn't have had to. Is there such a way, or would it even be feasible to
implement something like it?