I meant more that a failed pre-/post-condition throws AssertionError rather
than printing to the console and that a failure using clojure.spec should still
do the same thing.

The valid-or-explain function suggested would “work” in terms of being a
predicate but the AssertionError wouldn’t reflect the actual details of the
failure and you’re assuming stdout is easily accessible.

I think it would be better if the spec-based predicate failed by throwing an
exception with the explanation in it (but I haven’t tested how it would
actually interact with the pre-/post-condition machinery).

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood