Hi Fenton,

In my experience the way to get faster feedback from your tests is to have
them run in a way that doesn’t require stopping and starting a process.
This can be done by either evaluating your tests in a REPL or using one of
the Clojure testing tools that reload your code and run your tests on
changes. My preference is using a tool to manage reloading my code and
rerunning my tests.

If you’re using clojure.test there are a few such tools but I’ll recommend
lein-test-refresh <https://github.com/jakemcc/lein-test-refresh> (I’m
biased given that it is the one I wrote). If you scroll to the bottom of this
article
<http://jakemccrary.com/blog/2016/06/20/my-recommended-clojure-testing-setup/>
you’ll see my recommended settings for turning on some of
lein-test-refresh's advanced settings. Some more information can be found
in this
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/clojure/test-refresh/clojure/4GhO8eO3mlg/FAmbUmgiAgAJ>

Clojure mailing list message.

If you’re using expectations <https://github.com/jaycfields/expectations>
then there is also lein-autoexpect
<https://github.com/jakemcc/lein-autoexpect> for running your tests on code
change. Midje and speclj have their own autotest runners.

is there a way to use drip to speed up the running of unit tests?

​