Looks like MOSE uses Android's ART (from
https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/633226):

Multi-OS Engine Runtime is based on the modern Android ART*, which is the
> runtime component of Android that runs Java apps.
> ART has a list of features that provide optimal performance for apps on
> iOS devices:
>
>    - Ahead-of-time (AOT) compilation, which can improve app performance.
>

>    - Use of the same Java runtime libraries as Android, which simplify
>    cross-platform app development.
>

>    - Enhanced memory management and garbage collection.
>
> A compiled Multi-OS Engine app contains the following components:
>
>    - Compiled Java sources.
>

>    - Resources.
>

>    - Standard (iOS) library bindings.
>

>    - Third party native libraries and bindings.
>

>    - Nat/J native library for the Java to native binding that enables the
>    implementation of native classes and functions in pure Java and makes them
>    available to the native side.
>

>    - The specialized ART virtual machine (VM) with Multi-OS Engine ART
>    enhancements.
>
> I'm not sure what the state of compiling Clojure to ART is, I guess you
could AOT and then convert the bytecode to Dalvik. It would be an
interesting experiment, for sure.

On 10 August 2016 at 08:25, Daniel Compton <daniel.compton.li...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Following up, it seems like it may be possible to use Clojure with MOSE,
> but it doesn’t look like a well worn path. Also, I suspect if you went down
> this route you may end up writing mostly Java in a funny domain specific
> language with lots of parentheses. All that being said, I’d be happy to be
> proven wrong :)
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/robovm/b3jbTcpq1Xo
> https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/multi-os-engine/topic/640308
> https://github.com/moe-java-samples/moe-kotlin-samples
>

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 8:09 AM Daniel Compton <
> daniel.compton.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I had a look at this a few weeks ago, and it seemed like it would only
>> work with Java code, not JVM bytecode?
>>
>> Internal Overview:
>>
>> Multi-OS Engine facilitates Java* support on iOS* through
>>
>>    - Auto Java binding generation from ObjectiveC and C header files
>>    from existing libraries or 3rd party packages
>>    - Java* annotations and NatJ* runtime library
>>    - Eliminating the need to write JNI functions
>>    - Prebuilt jar files interfacing iOS* API are provided in the
>>    Multi-OS Engine, so you can start coding iOS* app in Java* immediately.
>>
>> I looked around and couldn’t find any lower level details of what they
>> were doing, but all of the documentation seems to suggest you need to write
>> Java. I’d be very happy to be proven wrong though :)
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 7:47 AM Gregg Reynolds <d...@mobileink.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For those interested in mobile clojure, I just discovered this.  Haven't
>>> tried it but it sounds good:
>>>
>>> https://software.intel.com/en-us/multi-os-engine?utm_source=
>>> Develop+Blog+http://www.develop-online.net/&utm_
>>> medium=Text+Link&utm_campaign=Android_EMEA_Q2-16_Developer-