Please note that this is a really a TOY nn project, actually a direct
translation of gigasquid's nn hello-world. It is ridiculous to compare it
with a library that delegates nn work to cuDNN. And it is a really old
version of affe, that ddosic has improved in the meantime, but have not yet
released.

What could be fair, for example, is to compare affe with another toy
library built with core.matrix, or to compare a cuDNN bindings built with
help from neanderthal's CUDA engine (not yet available) with Cortex, or to
compare Cortex with something that delegates to one of experimental
OpenCL-based "real" nn libraries...