On 5 December 2016 at 02:56, 'Lee Spector' via Clojure <
clojure@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Colin Fleming has done some nice work on this in Cursive.

Sadly that work is not in Cursive proper yet, although I'm planning to get
it in there soon once I work out what I'm doing with spec.

However I think macro errors are only a part of what Nathan is asking for.
It's true that they cause some of the more confusing stacktraces, but there
are other errors which cause stack traces but which are really compiler
errors. I've been considering some kind of pattern matching system to try
to work out from a stacktrace what the problem really is. After all,
experienced Clojure developers can often work out easily what the issue is
from a stacktrace, so I'm sure a machine can too. However although I'm
considering this, I don't have it at the proof of concept stage yet.

> ... I am currently planning to revisit Proto REPL (in Atom), following a
> nice talk on it by Jason Gilman at Clojure Conj 2016:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buPPGxOnBnk

I agree, that talk was great and Proto REPL looks lovely. I think it would
probably be a great match for your needs.

Cheers,
Colin