If you really want to have _exactly_ what Haskell does (derives the range
from an example) -- yes, you could do a macro.  Clojure's new spec facility
(in 1.9-alphas) makes the macro arguments checked at load time too, which
is extra nice:

(set! *print-length* 5) ;; avoid printing infinite lists

(defmacro haskell-like-range [lower next dots]
  `(range ~lower Long/MAX_VALUE ~(- next lower)))

(require '[clojure.spec :as s])
(s/fdef haskell-like-range :args (s/cat :lower int? :next int? :dots
'#{...}))

;; these will fail at load time with a really nice error message
(haskell-like-range :foo 42 ...)
(haskell-like-range 4 6 ..) ;; needs three dots according to the spec

;; this will succeed
(haskell-like-range 2 6 ...)